Monday 24 November 2014

Home made photo shoo & my personal style journey at 19!


Hey guys and dolls! today's post is a little home project photo shoot which my boyfriend photographed for me, He isn't a photographer but we managed. I thought i would do a little post on my own style and flair rather than my usual photo shoots which feature models and i both style and photograph so i thought i would get behind the camera for a change and tell you all about my style and where my real obsession and real fashion for personal style came from and of course my main inspirations.

From a really young age ive been interested in fashion i know everyone says that but i really was. From the age of 14 i began buying my favorite fashion magazine  which is of course vogue and i began flicking through the pages and not aspiring to become as skinny and the models or even be a model. But to wear the clothes! and i also took key ideas from the pages and began to buy second hand clothing from car boot sales and charity shops and styling the pieces i bought my own way but keeping them in style and i began to develop my own personal style from there.

And i know a lot of you are thinking well where did the vintage thing come from??.. 
well that came later much later. By the age of 16 i began to want my own style not like everyone else s still going thrifting often! but looking for more original and quirky items. My passion for style kind of took a brief break around my 17th birthday when i started sixthform and began making new friends and really wanting to fit in! Spending all my pocket money on ridiculously over priced basic fashion from the likes of topshop and primark. But after studying textiles for a year my passion began to come back. I wanted to start dressing again and dressing my own way!. Which of course is when i began to have a really hard time. I began to become a topic of discussion around sixthform and a laughing stock!. I began to become subject to rude and nasty comments. Which back then i couldn't handle i began to then question myself and the way that i dressed. I also lost a lot of so called friends people who were seen as "embarrassed" to be seen with me because i chose to dress differently. But looking at it all now i think it made me stronger as a person and i learned that people like that aren't worth having in your life. And ive now learned to take all the criticism with a pinch of salt! because everywhere you go in life you will come cross rude people!

However i then in my final year of sixthform began to work in my local vintage shop called ding dong vintage where i worked on a weekend with my mam and the shops owner who i had known for a few years beforehand. That is when my love for vintage began! of course i began to get paid which i had never experienced before. And when i was paid i started shopping more and buying clothes which ended up getting out of control and my style really started to take shape. I started to look at vintage and admire it and want to wear the amazing pieces i was around every weekend. I started to only shop for clothing and accessories in charity shops, car boot sales or online which became my new obsession. And for a whole year after that i enjoyed working there and studying all week for my fashion foundation at new castle college. Being around fashion everyday was something i enjoyed. But i didn't know what aspect of fashion i wanted to really go in until my tutor suggested i focused on styling. As she thought i always dressed well and could tell it was something i really enjoyed so i looked into it and i have never looked back! It is the thing i am actually good at because at school i really wasn't very good at anything.

My personal style is still developing and i am learning new things and new ways to style things everyday. I still look to fashion magazines sometimes as a stylist to find out trends for shoots but now as often. I now don't go to British vogue because i feel i doesn't give me that inspiration i need. But have began to read Italian vogue. And of course my main inspiration to be myself and dress however the hell i want is both advanced style and of course other bloggers and instagrammers like myself which dress the way they want and know who they are!. And even though im only 19 i feel as if i have learned who i am and how i want to dress. And i am exited to find out what confidence and style comes with getting older.

Me and my boyfriend decided to do a little photo shoot in my boudoir documenting my style.















Hope you enjoyed the post and i admire anyone who has actually read the whole post and stayed interested!!

Lots of Love, Original Vintage Queen 
xo

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing :) I like that feathery hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational ensemble!!! Those lace tights are arrestingly chic and so very gorgeous!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete